Bacteria are tiny microbes that tend to grow very quickly and form huge colonies. One teaspoon of soil can be 鸿运福彩app下载安装 to as many as 1,000,000,000 bacterial cells. Your body can have as many as 100,000,000,000,000 (a hundred trillion) bacterial cells. It’s hard to keep track of all those microbes, so we’ll look at some ways to manage the numbers.
In this lesson you鸿运福彩app下载安装 will:
- Follow the growth of a bacterial colony on a line graph
- Match large numbers with their names
- Look at how exponents work
- Write large numbers using scientific notation (put those exponents to use)
- Observe exponential growth
Photo: Rocky Mountain Laboratories, NIAID, NIH